Superior Diagnostics for Patient Care:
Our dermatopathologists and oral pathologists provide a full range of diagnostic services. Our goal is to deliver prompt, expert interpretation and analysis for referring physicians who believe in superior diagnostics for patient care.
- All dermatopathologists and oral pathologists are available for phone/E-mail consult.
- We offer 24 hour turn around time on routine cases.
- Reports are available online, via fax, mail and EMR.
- Complimentary supplies, FedEx priority overnight/local courier provided.
- Clinicopathological correlation.
- Insurance contracts with providers in your area.
- Our physicians thrive on complex cases such as pigmented lesions.
'Not only is the level of expertise and accuracy without peer but the access to the dermatopathologists by phone, when needed, helps me to help my patients and makes our care here more complete.' Peter J. Sands, M.D. Concord, N.H
- I used to read my own slides, but I'd rather rely on the experts at UCSF Dermpath so I can do what I love to do best, see patients. South Bay
- UCSF Dermatopathology is the end all for complex diagnoses, I always know I will receive a definitive answer promptly! L. M.D. Fresno, CA
Dermatopathology and Oral Pathology Services
Derived from skin tissue specimens, expert diagnosis by our top dermatopathologists and oral pathologists
Diagnosis of previously prepared glass slides
- Direct immunofluorescence from skin tissue
- Indirect immunofluorescence from blood/serum
- CGH – Array Comparative Genomic Hybridization
- Sanger Sequencing
- FISH – Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization
- January 23-25: 2015 Winter Skin Seminar
Beth S. Ruben, MD: "Pigmented Lesions of the Nail Bed and Update on FISH and CGH in Melanocytic Lesions" Squaw Valley, Lake Tahoe, NV
- January 26, 2015 MauiDerm
Philip E. LeBoit “Pigmented lesions clinic” Maui, HI
- January 31, 2015: 22nd Annual International Symposium in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Richard C. Jordan “HPV infection and cancer” and “Odontogenic Tumors”. Maui, HI
- March 18, 2015 International Society of Dermatopathology, Philip E. LeBoit “Clinico-pathologic-molecular correlation of melanocytic neoplasms” San Francisco, CA
- April 15, 2015 Philip E. LeBoit “23rd Update in Dermatopathology of St. John's Institute of Dermatology”, London UK
- April 16-19, 2015: Dermpedia 2015,.
Richard C. Jordan "Common Areas of Interest for Dermatopathologists and Surgical Pathologists: Infectious Disease, Oral, Vulvar and Ophthalmic Mucosal Pathology, Melanoma, Critical Diagnoses in the Hospital Setting"Scottsdate AZ
- July 7, 2015 British Association of Dermatologists Philip E. LeBoit "Neil Smith memorial lecture”, Manchester, UK
- MauiDerm Maui, HI January 26-30 2015
Boris Bastian, MD received the Lifetime Achievement Award in Melanoma Research from the Society of Melanoma Research 11/14 and the Stein Innovation Award from Research to Prevent Blindness for work on uveal melanoma. 12/14
Leboit, Philip E. MD; Cerroni, Lorenzo MD. July/August 2014. Cutaneous Lympho-proliferative Disease
Now accepting applications
View reports online. Call 415-353-7270 to request a Login
We now offer an online form for your convenience
See a list of insurances accepted