Superior Diagnostics for Patient Care:
Our dermatopathologists and oral pathologists provide a full range of diagnostic services. Our goal is to deliver prompt, expert interpretation and analysis for referring physicians who believe in superior diagnostics for patient care.
- All dermatopathologists and oral pathologists are available for phone/E-mail consult.
- We offer 24 hour turn around time on routine cases.
- Reports are available online, via fax, mail and EMR.
- Complimentary supplies, FedEx priority overnight/local courier provided.
- Clinicopathological correlation.
- Insurance contracts with providers in your area.
- Our physicians thrive on complex cases such as pigmented lesions.
'Not only is the level of expertise and accuracy without peer but the access to the dermatopathologists by phone, when needed, helps me to help my patients and makes our care here more complete.' Peter J. Sands, M.D. Concord, N.H
- 'I used to read my own slides, but I'd rather rely on the experts at UCSF Dermpath so I can do what I love to do best, see patients.' South Bay
- 'UCSF Dermatopathology is the end all for complex diagnoses, I always know I will receive a definitive answer promptly!' L. M.D. Fresno, CA
- 'I have been using the Oral Pathology services at UCSF for almost 15 years and have been delighted with the level of service level and expert diagnoses. We get our reports very quickly and the pathologists are always available on the phone to discuss cases. In my 20 years of practice, I have used 3 other Oral Pathology services and none were anywhere near as good in any category (service, availability, diagnoses, speed of diagnoses, etc.) as the pathologists are at UCSF. I am certainly thankful I made the switch 15 years ago. I have total confidence in them and foresee no need to ever use any other service. I highly recommend the UCSF Dermatopathology & Oral Pathology Service for all your Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Pathology needs.' Nicholas Gadler, DDS El Cajon, CA
Dermatopathology and Oral Pathology Services
Derived from skin tissue specimens, expert diagnosis by our top dermatopathologists and oral pathologists
Diagnosis of previously prepared glass slides
- Direct immunofluorescence from skin tissue
- Indirect immunofluorescence from blood/serum
- CGH – Array Comparative Genomic Hybridization
- FISH – Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization
January 23, 2016 Richard Jordan, DDS, PhD.
23rd Annual International Symposium in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Stratification and Management of Salivary Gland Tumors.
November 19-21, 2015 The International Society of Dermatopathology Annual Meeting
Timothy H. McCalmont, M.D. Pediatric vascular proliferations: New Concepts.
Jeffrey P. North, M.D. Slide Symposium.
New Delhi, India
November 18, 2015 Eighth International Melanoma Pathology Symposium.
Philip E. LeBoit M.D. Surprising histo-molecular correlations in melanocytic lesions.
Iwei Yeh M.D., PhD. Molecular diagnostic evaluation in melanocytic lesions.
San Francisco, CA
October 19-22, 2015
Scientific Symposium Dermatopathology in Paradise.
Philip E. LeBoit M.D. - Course Director, 10/19: Granulomtous Dermatitis - From the Obvious to the Obscure. 10/20: Panel: Spongiotic and Psoriasis Form Dermatitis - Practical Clinicopathologic Approaches.
Laura Pincus, M.D. 10/19:Mycosis Fungoides and Seazary Syndrome. 10/20: Cutaneous Lymphoma Potpouri. Lymphomas in the Subcutis: Pearls and Pitfalls. 10/21 Instructive Cases from UCSF Dermatopathology.
Richard Jordan, DDS, PhD. 10/19: HPV and Head and Neck Cancer. 10/20: Epithelia Dysplasia: Grading and Clinical Impact. 10/21: Odontogenic Cysts and Tumors. 10/22: Panel: Oral Pathology. Big Island, HI
October 8-11, 2015 ASDP 52nd Annual Meeting
Iwei Yeh M.D., PhD. Genetic Classification
Boris Bastian M.D. Info to be added.
Philip E. LeBoit M.D. Evening Slide Symposium
Thaddeus W. Mully Evening Slide Symposium
San Francisco, CA
September 24, 2015 Oklahoma Rheumatology Society. M. Kari Connolly, M.D.
Autoimmune Skin Diseases.
- CalDerm Santa Barbara, CA. Sept.18-20,'15
- MauiDerm Maui, HI. January 26-30 '15
We are closed:
December 31st and January 1st
Philip LeBoit, M.D. received the 18th Annual Walter R. Nickel Award for Excellence in Teaching of Dermatopathology from the American Society of Dermatopathology. 4/15
Boris Bastian, M.D. received the Lifetime Achievement Award in Melanoma Research from the Society of Melanoma Research 11/14 and the Stein Innovation Award from Research to Prevent Blindness for work on uveal melanoma. 12/14
Leboit, Philip E. M.D.; Cerroni, Lorenzo MD. July/August 2014. Cutaneous Lympho-proliferative Disease
Now accepting applications
View reports online. Call 415-353-7270 to request a Login
We now offer an online form for your convenience
See a list of insurances accepted