For More Information
Please send or email your request to:
Philip E. LeBoit, M.D.
- c/o Academic Training Coordinator
- UCSF Dermatopathology Service
- 1701 Divisadero Street, Suite 280
- San Francisco, CA 94115
- Tel: 415-353-7550 option 5
- Fax: 415-353-7553
The dermatopathology visiting observership program is designed so that pathologists and dermatologists from abroad may develop their skills in diagnostic dermatopathology. Positions are available for up to one year, depending on the goals of the candidate. The official UCSF credentialing for the visit will be as a Research Associate.
Teaching is mainly done at our daily sign out sessions, during which we see a wide variety of material. Our service reports on over 120,000 cases per year, including 20,000 consultations on referred slides. Sign out sessions are bolstered by didactic lectures (approximately 40/year).
There is opportunity to participate in clinicopathologic research studies, attend pathology and dermatology lectures and conferences, and also to work in affiliated research laboratories, such as molecular diagnostics, but participation is not required. There are no patient service responsibilities. Visiting observers must be self-supporting; those without institutional sponsorship are required to pay tuition of $10,000/annum.
If you are interested in being considered for a visiting scholars program, please provide the following at least 4 months ahead of your visit:
- Current curriculum vitae
- Minimum of two (2) reference letters; one of which must be from your current director
- Date you wish to arrive, including length of stay
- Proof of English language proficiency is required to successfully participate in this program and function on a day-to-day basis. Please Click Here to find out the options for providing proof.